Title: Not A Happy Family
Author: Shari Lapena
What’s it about?
When a wealthy couple ends up murdered everyone wants to know why and who did it. Suspicion falls on their three adult children, each one in line to receive a large inheritance. The story follows all the different family members and the police as each one tries to figure out who the culprit is.
Did I like it?
This was my first Shari Lapena novel and I am kicking myself for not reading her books earlier. I enjoyed following all the characters and clues and trying to solve the murder. I found the ending to be very satisfying which is where, imo, mystery authors tend to fail. Lapena did not disappoint and I will be heading to the library to pick up another of her books.
Who would I recommend it to?
I found this book to be an easy and engaging read so I’d recommend it to anyone looking for a good murder mystery. It would be a perfect pick for a summer vacation read. I think a book club could get some mileage out of it. My copy was 368 pages long. One thing to be aware of is that there are alot of different characters, so if you are someone that has trouble keeping names straight you might want to take notes. I didn’t have any trouble with it but I do think it is worth noting.
Did I purchase it?
Yes, It was my August 2021 Book of the Month pick.
Rating: 4.5/5
No comments:
Post a Comment