Title: The Sticklepath Phantom
Author: Ali Simpson
Rating:4/5
Info: 272 pages, first pub by Troubador 06/28/2026
Genre: Mystery, Fiction
Set in England during the autumn of 1931, twins Kitty and Nora Markham have another mystery on their hands. Their new friend, Lady Evelyn Underhaye, is linked to a series of murders that mimic different ghost stories from her ghost tour. The twins rush to figure out who is behind it, and why, before they strike again.
This was a fun, quick read. Kitty, Nora, and the rest of their household are all fun characters. I enjoyed seeing two women who were feminine and capable. They didn’t sit around and wait for the men to figure things out. They were alongside the police, helping solve the case every step of the way. When they had to sit something out, it was because they weren’t police officers, not because they were women. While I’m not sure how historically accurate the portrayal was, it was fun nevertheless.
There were some twists I didn’t see coming, but they never felt like they came out of nowhere, which I always appreciate. I did raise an eyebrow at the motivation of the killer. Other than that, it was a fast, fun mystery that I’d happily recommend to mystery fans.
A big thank you to NetGalley and Troubador for providing me with this ARC.
No comments:
Post a Comment