Tuesday, September 22, 2026

Hollow Folk



Title: Hollow Folk

Author: Andrew K. Clark

Rating: 3.5/5

Info: 260 pages, first published by Quill & Crow Publishing House 09/29/2026

Genre: Sci Fi, Romance, Horror

Trying to come up with a summary of what this book is like is difficult. Ethan Ray, Kal, and Teresa all work the night shift at the Holloway hotel. During one of their shifts, the clock strikes 3 a.m. and then stops. With me so far? Good, because that’s about as far as I can go with a summary. What follows feels like a fever dream, and I’m still not entirely sure what I read. From there, the characters dive headfirst into the weird. They meet… people? They have visions. They experience emotions that may or may not be their own. There is body horror, and parts are genuinely gross, so keep that in mind before picking this one up. It didn’t bother me, but it was weird. Trypophobia sufferers should probably stay away. Overall, this was a trippy horror story that reveled in the weird. If that sounds like your kind of horror, I think you’ll enjoy the ride.

A big thank you to NetGalley and Quill & Crow for providing me the ARC in exchange for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment