Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Razorblade Tears

 Title: Razorblade Tears

Author: S.A. Cosby


What’s it about?

When a beloved young couple gets brutally murdered their fathers decide to take matters into their own hands and hunt down the people responsible for the murder of their sons. 


Did I like it?

I enjoyed Razorblade Tears. I figured out the “mystery” pretty early on but there was enough to the story to still enjoy the characters figuring it out. The revenge plot is second to the character growth the two fathers go through, in my opinion. Ike and Buddy Lee are two ex-cons that struggle to deal with the fact that their sons were gay. Ike and Buddy Lee aren’t just rough around the edges, both men did some pretty nasty things. The one thing that saves the dads, for me, is that I could see they did love their sons and they realized how they acted towards them was terrible. Cosby didn’t shy away from the fact that Ike and Buddy Lee were wrong in how they treated their sons. Instead, Cosby embraces it and forces his characters to see their actions and realize how much they must have hurt their sons. 


Who would I recommend it to?

I think this book would be an excellent choice for a book group. However, there are a few things a reader should know before picking this up. There is lots of violence and strong language. If this were a movie it would sit solidly in the R rating. It deals with LGBTQ issues and racism and doesn’t shy away from how nasty people can get. 


Did I purchase it?

I purchased this through Book of the Month


Rating

4/5


No comments:

Post a Comment