Sunday, January 2, 2022

2021 Year End

Goodbye 2021, hello 2022 

2021, I wish I could say that I will miss you but the best I can do is say you were better than the previous year. According to Goodreads, I read 8,679 pages in 2021. My book goal was 30 books. 

My favorite read is the wonderful "The Lathe of Heaven" by Ursula K. Le Guin. A Le Guin book taking the number one spot for me should be no surprise, she was an amazing author that has left behind a treasure trove of works. My least favorite read is "The Maidens" by Alex Michaelides. I'm still mad about this book. The biggest surprise read is "Survive The Night" by Riley Sager. I had little to no expectations going into it. I read the blurb that BotM had on their website, thought it sounded interesting and gave it a go. I'm so happy I did. Is it perfect? No, but it was so enjoyable to read. 

I set my reading goal this year for 50 books. That will be almost one a week giving me a little leeway in case something comes up. I had been planning on writing a review for every book I read last year, which obviously didn't happen, so I'm going to try again this year. I'm going to also work on making my reviews better. How? Hopefully, through practice. 

Another goal I have is to, finally, make a dent in my tbr list. My bookshelves groan under the weight of all the books Tetrised into them. I'm just a sucker for buying books. Anyway, here is wishing everyone a good 2022. 

No comments:

Post a Comment