Tuesday, March 14, 2023

Why You Shouldn't Run Away From Your Troubles

Title: Bodily Harm

Author: Margaret Atwood

Publisher: Anchor


Summary: Travel writer Rennie heads to the island of St. Antoine using her work

as an excuse to run away from her problems. Unfortunately for her,

St. Antoine is going through political upheaval which makes the problems 

she was running from the least of her worries.


I picked this book up because Margaret Atwood is one of my favorite authors.

 I purchased it at a second hand book store. 


My Thoughts


This isn’t a very long book and the plot flew by making it feel even shorter. That 

isn’t a knock against it. While I appreciate a good book I can take my time with there 

is something to be said about losing a day because you can’t put a book down. 


I was impressed with the descriptions of St. Antoine. I think it is one of the things 

Atwood does best in her writing so it is no surprise she brings St. Antoine to life in 

these pages. The characters, while I don’t like most of them, all felt like real people. 

Speaking of characters, I’m sorry to say but I found Rennie, the main character, 

very unlikeable. Luckily, I don’t have to like a character to like reading about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment