Monday, April 24, 2023

Whisperwood

 

Book title: Whisperwood

Author: Alex Woodroe

Publisher: Flame Tree Press

Publication Date: July 11, 2023



Thank you to NetGalley and Flame Tree Press for providing me with an eARC

 in exchange for an honest review.


Whisperwood is the story of Anna, a woman running from her past. Anna 

ends up hitching a ride with a merchant to the town of Whisperwood. 

Whisperwood is a puzzle to figure out but the further Anna digs the more

 horrible things become.


I liked Anna and found all the characters engaging though some I liked more

 than others. Whisperwood is as much a character of the novel as Anna.

 I wish that we had more time with some of the side characters though. 

There was one in particular I wish stuck around longer. Even so, there were

 plenty of characters to make the world feel alive.


I agree with other reviewers that Whisperwood is folk horror. I worry that it 

will get lost in the general horror genre which would be a shame. People

 that like folk horror take note and put this on your tbr.

No comments:

Post a Comment